Doula Dawn Care Services Include:
- Complementary consultation
- 2 prenatal visits to discuss desires and needs during the birth. Preparation for birth including information on the birth process, comfort measures, and positions
- Acknowledgement of the partner’s role during the birth and suggestions to enhance their level of support according to their comfort level
- Access to a small lending library of books & DVDs
- Referrals to local resources for prenatal and postpartum support
- Phone and email support as needed during pregnancy and postpartum
- Assistance in creating a birth/advocacy plan
- On call, 24 hour support, from 2 weeks before the due date until the birth
- Continuous and compassionate holistic care during labor and birth from the time requested until after the baby is born, at home and/or in hospital
- Postpartum support (usually 1-3 hrs after birthing) until settled
- Feeding support immediately following the birth and at postpartum visits
- A back-up doula
- One postpartum visit
Doula care is charged as a package rate. Please contact for details.
*Doula services may be covered by your personal insurance provider.
- Physical support including light house work, meal preparation in your home (allergy and celiac friendly)
- Emotional care including in-home, phone, and e-mail support
- Feeding support
- Baby care
- Sibling care
- Running errands
- Accompaniment to appointments (midwife, doctor, lactation consultant, dentist, etc.)
- Help with life transitions (going out for the first time, going to the grocery store, Early Years Centre, etc.)
- Referrals to other resources as needed
Postpartum services are charged by the hour. Please contact for details.
Consider gifting doula services to a friend or family member!
Our Placenta Services support your recovery from birth. You can expect our Postpartum Placenta Specialists to offer the highest levels of professionalism and to exceed the current standards of preparation. We follow the World Health Organization’s recommendations for transport – you transport your own placenta to your home where your Placenta Specialist will meet you to begin preparation.
Our Postpartum Placenta Specialists maintain Blood Borne Pathogen and Safe Food Handling Certifications which ensure your safety and peace of mind.
Prenatal, Childbirth, and Newborn Classes
Curious about what to expect during labour and birth? Wondering about feeding choices, parenting, and preparing for your newborn?
We offer private and group classes that are interactive and fun!